TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Loss of boost after doing a boost leak test today???
People Seeking Info

Subject Loss of boost after doing a boost leak test today???

Posted by Michiganz32 on May 21, 2017 at 9:30 PM
  This message has been viewed 421 times.

Message After doing a boost leak test today just to make sure all my piping was still tight, I now can't get full boost when taking the car for a test ride. To do the boost leak test I pulled my twin pop chargers and installed the boost leak gauge in the one side and plugged the other side, I put 5-7psi of air to the system. I didn't find any boost leaks in my system and it held pressure quite well, the only thing I did find leaking was the egr slightly but it's been that way for a long time. I'm running the 17.5psi boost jet setup with a z1 ecu chip tune and its ran great like this for years, never had an issue, but now since doing a simple boost leak test its only reaching about 7psi and slowly creeps up a little more. It's almost like it went into safety boost mode or something but I cannot figure out why or what I could have messed up. Any help would be appreciated, been reading all night but cannot find anything similar to my problem.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.