TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Long crank. Sometimes start sometimes no
People Seeking Info

Subject Long crank. Sometimes start sometimes no

Posted by Smokiedabear on May 05, 2017 at 8:01 AM
  This message has been viewed 1001 times.

Message Drove to work yesterday and there was a rain storm during the day I went out to the car to start after work and the storm and it immediately started like usual and then it shut off I checked the maf's as I am running a dual pop and they were not wet I checked for vacuum leaks had none I went a head and kept cranking the car and eventually it would slow the sputter to life. It held anOK Idle so I went ahead and drove it home upon arriving home with the engine hot I shut off the car and went to restart and it would not restart. Eventually it started once the cranking was kept up.

Then sometimes if it was shut off it would immediately start OK or repeat the same process. This morning I replace that IACV and the vacuum lines are new, with a spare iacv that I had and that did not resolve the problem.

I checked my fuel pressure regulator or in my fuel dampener there is no gas coming out of the vacuum lines to them. The car does smell strongly of you or when this problem is occurring and it will not crank. The fuel filter only has 3000 miles. I do hear the fuel pump whine. When started it run slightly rich at idle around 11.8 to 12.5 and then it will jump up to around 14.6 and back down randomly. I swapped with a spare TPS I had and also that I did not resolve the problem.

Then sometimes if it was shut off it would immediately start OK or repeat the same process. This morning I replace that IACV with a spare one that I had after cleaning it and that did not resolve the problem. I check my fuel pressure regulator and the fuel dampener there is no gas coming out of the vacuum lines to them.

The car is not pulling any codes and when it was running on the way home from work yesterday it was relatively fine except for a slight rich idle. Do I possibly still have a bad fuel pressure regulator or dampener. I am pretty confused at this point as even unplugging the mass will not allow the car to start. I swapped around some relays with ones that were in now I'm good working condition and I also did not Resolve the problem. I checked for spark when the car is cranking and it has plenty of spark. I have not pulled the plugs yet I guess that is my next step I am under the belief that the fuel dampener or regulator more than likely is bad. My understanding is when they go bad they drip fuel out of the vacuum line I am not seeing that. Thank you in advance

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.