TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What would you do if you were me
People Seeking Info

Subject What would you do if you were me

Posted by JerseyTex on April 06, 2017 at 1:50 PM
  This message has been viewed 401 times.

Message I've been lurking on this site for the better part of 5 years. This is, one of the best forums I've ever been on, aside from the shitty layout. The members are passionate, and they all call out the nonsense people put on these cars. With that said, here is my dilemma.

My father and I jointly own a 91 TT, the car is up north, and I live in Texas. Car has under 94,000 original miles. Previous owner was meticulous, lots of service records, in fact, two manila envelopes full of receipts from 1998-2011, when he owned the car. My father has slipped with the maintenance the last 3 years, hes old, and I moved away and couldn't keep up with it from 1600 miles away. Now I have the opportunity to 'buy' him out, and bring the car down to Texas, and drive it year round. Car does have some issues:

* HICAS light on, and leaks PS fluid
* timing belt not done in 5 years
* the wing on the back is peeling and revealing that shitty plastic
* feels slow, engine feels tired

What would you do with the car if you were me?

MY plans are as follows : 120k service, new SMICs + piping, new Koyo rad, flush all the fuilds, delete PCV, EGR, new silicon hoses, rebuild the power steering pump. Drive it until it blows, at which time rebuild the engine with better stuff, and get better turbos.

Money is not an issue for me long term, I love the z32, and think these things will go up on value as long as modifications are tasteful. Would love for people to weigh in.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.