TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - not yet, I don't have that equipment, drove again today
People Seeking Info

Subject not yet, I don't have that equipment, drove again today

Posted by Smokiedabear on March 28, 2017 at 9:05 AM
  This message has been viewed 300 times.

In Reply To Have you done a boost leak test? posted by MixManMash on March 27, 2017 at 10:09 PM

Message and did more troubleshooting.

Confirmed my driver's side wastegate was fully shut, took the wastegate arm off the flapper arm and moved back and forth, it was staying shut. The passenger side is harder to get to will try maybe this weekend.

The car's boost will shoot up to 5psi at around 4000 (delayed to how it used to perform) and then die down to 3psi at 6000. I tried the 'rev trick' a couple times with no fix.

The AFR's are 10 when this is occurring super rich, used to be around 11-12 when the car was properly boosting.

Peaked around more today for about 1/2 hour and all hoses and clamps for intercooler couplers appear to be tight and good. I will take a closer look at the smic's piping tomorrow morning.

car drives just fine out of boost. Looked for codes again via the ecu light, bringing back a code 55, no more 53 since I replaced the passenger 02 sensor wire.

I will also check the plugs tomorrow morning.

right now I'm thinking:

-bad recirculation valve
-bad boost solenoid
-passenger side wastegate is stuck open
-seized turbo

Feel free to give opinions, I'm all ears.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.