TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Follow Up to Locked Message, Hesitation Fix?
People Seeking Info

Subject Follow Up to Locked Message, Hesitation Fix?

Posted by ezhilerated on March 13, 2017 at 10:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 284 times.

Message Can't figure out why my message got locked, so this is a follow up to what happened to my problem on this post: [ http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=technical&msg_id=1157557 ]

So, we replaced the MAF, TPS, Coolant sensor, spark plugs (NGK), checked injectors (ok), O2 sensors, checked coil packs (ok), cleaned ALL electrical connectors (no corrosion, texas car), new OEM air filters, replaced crank angle sensor, gas cap, fuel filter, checked for vacuum leaks (none), replaced belts, some older hoses and replaced all fluids/filters with the tune up.

After all was said and done, there is still some hesitation between 2500 and 3500 and although it idles perfectly, runs smooth and has a nice top end, it's very frustrating that between 2500-3500 you have this hesitation. Ran a full tank of new premium gas, lucas fuel treatment and ran codes-still not throwing any codes.

Ran out of money and time to mess with it, and got a sweet offer to buy the car as-is and ran with it. Found out the knock sensor had been previously relocated and grounded differently but my shop said that shouldn't cause this issue.

After it was all said and done, i made a little money on the car since I bought it pretty inexpensively and cleaned it up nicely and marketed it properly, but this hesitation problem is complex and enough to make a Z-owner go BATTY!

On to the next one... I found a 92 TT with 120k on it, has some light hail damage, has JWT chip, stillen exhaust, boost jets, adult owned by a senior citizen aftermarket wheels, clean title no accidents, needs new tires and the hail fixed. Also they noted the air bag light flashes, and I'm just getting into that right now to see what it will cost to get that fixed. For relatively the same price, I"d much rather have the TT which I've had before and the mods done to it with one that runs smooth than the NA that was absolutely cherry but ran rough. Your thoughts?

Thanks for your help! Will keep you updated when I buy the TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.