TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Here's how it all works. ECU sends a pulse to the PTU for
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Here's how it all works. ECU sends a pulse to the PTU for

Posted by Mglide86 on March 12, 2017 at 9:10 PM
  This message has been viewed 363 times.

In Reply To Here's how it all works. ECU sends a pulse to the PTU for posted by jzack on March 12, 2017 at 04:44 PM

Message Actually the culprit was orange and blue wire coming off the PTU harness. They were smashed and barely hanging on. I soldered them back up and #1 is back up and running.

The spark issue was already in place when I bought the vehicle, but it had a fuel leak so the previous owner wouldn't drive it. These cars need to be drove to keep everything working properly. I got it home did a compression test and the passenger bank was low(125 or so) compression but driver side was 140 to 150 all day. I tore it down to do a 120k kit and the passenger exhaust sprocket was off 2 degrees. Re did the timing belt passenger bank went right up to 145 to 155 psi. The #1 cylinder was firing great after all that. Then I relocated my ptu and never noticed those 2 squished wires. Well I sent an injector off to Bernie and he said the injector wasn't working properly cause someone pressed the injector out the fuel rail and he said it wouldn't flow properly. I don't disagree with him on that. So I oredered the new injector installed it and got the same results. (Cylinder 1 misfire) I started playing with the ptu harness and could get it to fire with manipulating it. To answer your question it didn't work when I test drove the car so I was like fuel problem all day. Got her home worked on it a little and it started working. Then in December 2016 it stopped so I parked it and began my upgrade/trouble shooting. Replaced the injector no difference, so started the whole fuel, spark, compression, and air theory.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.