TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Driver Door Lock not working - already replaced actuator
People Seeking Info

Subject Driver Door Lock not working - already replaced actuator

Posted by nissubaru on November 10, 2016 at 4:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 529 times.

Message When I bought the car the drivers side door lock was already busted, so after doing a little research I found the Z1 Door lock actuator (link below) so I went ahead and purchased it but after installing I'm still unable to unlock the door with my key.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-door-lock-actuator-replacement-p-3717.html?osCsid=m5alst9m6nqj18v8e4aoanpn85

I can unlock the passenger side door with the key, but that doesn't unlock the drivers side unless I reach across the car and unlock the drivers door from the inside. Is this supposed to unlock the drivers door automatically? I know that if I lock the drivers side door manually from inside the car it will lock/unlock the passenger side door but I wasn't sure if the same applied to the passenger side.

I feel like I'm missing something fundamental. For example, how is the door supposed to unlock? My door lock with the z1 actuator installed looks just like the pic below, with the key in the cylinder the actuator moves around nicely...but what the heck is it actually supposed to do? Is it making a magnetic/electrical connection telling the door to unlock? Or is there supposed to be a door lock rod set in the open circle of the Z1 actuator that will unlock/lock the car when the cylinder is rotated?

Thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.