TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - NA to TT swap running kinda rough - first start
People Seeking Info

Subject NA to TT swap running kinda rough - first start

Posted by Smokiedabear on November 10, 2016 at 11:30 AM
  This message has been viewed 300 times.

Message Good day All,

I got my 89 TT swap running in my 91 na 2+2.

Harness is brand new nissan OEM. I deleted EGR, carbon canister, aiv, prv

I followed the how-to on this and plugged the vacuum connections, but looped the line to the one that ran to the fuel pressure regular.

This swap is coming from a running donor jdm TT. I did it all myself.

TT ecu, new timing belt water pump, replaced worn out hoses etc.

I went to start the car and it would not fire, I swapped to a spare ignitor I had (from old to new style) and it fired right up. The old ignitor did work prior to swap (4 months ago)

The weird thing is it sounds like it is missing (was not missing before swap). It will rev between 1000 and 1500 rpm. If you rev it up to 3k it will not clear up, still miss.

The electronics that I am using were from the donor car and it ran fine.

I did replace the TPS with the na one (91 na) because in the process of swapping the tt one got damaged (broke cover). They did look different but both have 3 cords and both plug into the harness.

The weird thing is the car will sometimes on a restart idle fine but still a little rough then it will go back to hunting for idle and missing. It always fires right up.

I tested resistance on the injectors 1 month ago and all were between 10-13ohm. Coils were good as well.

When I get home today I am going to look more into possible vaccuum leaks and see which cylinder is misfiring.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, I made sure to be very careful not to introduce vacuum leaks during the swap.

Are these symtoms possible of a bad injector left sitting?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.