TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Z will not start - ive literally tried everything!!
People Seeking Info

Subject Z will not start - ive literally tried everything!!

Posted by aretwodetwo on August 18, 2016 at 5:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 321 times.

Message I'm really confused with my Z now and ive been through every trouble shooting tactic this week to get this thing started and everything checks out ok. (background) bought the 1992 300zx twin turbo from an old dude and the car has not ran for 15 years, new turbos, new trans, rebuilt engine, replaced all connectors asociating with the engine, I first tried starting up the car and wouldnt start gave me code 11 and checked the cas by rotating and checking for injector tick and got nothing so i replaced the cas and attempted a 2nd start, got code 21 and pulled apart the PTU harness and cleaned it and checked resistance between the ECU and the PTU and the coil packs and the PTU and got 0.2-0.5 ohms for each reading which is OK in my book, the car struggles to turn on now but i have Nissan datascan and shows the fuel pump is working, i have an inline psi gauge that reads about 40-45psi when the fuel rail is primed, injectors passed resistance test, all between 10-15 ohms, new ngk platinum spark plugs, checked the PTU and it works fine and is the newer style PTU and passed all resistance tests, if you can name anything ive probably done it. she still struggles to turn on, i turn the key to start and it just cranks and if i give it gas the rpms raise a little bit to maybe 300 rpm and then i can let go of the key and it stumbles really bad and if i keep my foot steady about half way down on the gas pedal it will keep running barely around 250-350rpm according to nissan data scan and even though my foot is steady it will immediately die after about two seconds of that very low rough stumbling idle. i have no idea what is going on at all.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.