TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Quick followup
People Seeking Info

Subject Quick followup

Posted by lazer(NJ) on August 14, 2016 at 3:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 187 times.

In Reply To 1990 Door Lock Actuator diagram woes posted by lazer(NJ) on August 10, 2016 at 08:50 PM

Message So, two of the wires from the new unit are a switch for the door being latched and locked. Two wires are attached to the lock/unlock motor (resistance between these two), and the other two wires have continuity and I've no idea what they do (also managed to nuke their circuit while testing for the lock/unlock).

Now the OEM part of the harness has 5 wires (speaking from unit harness side not body harness side in terms of colors from here on). The red and black are +12V and ground. The yellow wire appears to be connected to the normally open part of the lock switch and has resistance between it and ground when the switch is closed (otherwise no continuity). So I'm calling the yellow wire a lock indicator. Now the blue and green wires have continuity to the ground wire at all times but I suspect this is somehow an issue with the circuit not actual grounds. I would say by process of elimination that the blue and green wires provide the signal to the passenger side door lock mechanism.

Anyway, I think if I wire in my lock triggers from my alarm to these wires I should be able to provide keyless entry using this OEM actuator setup.

"The 300ZX Turbo is a dance; it's a song; it's rolling,
roaring automotive art. There is no color that doesn't suit
it. There is no mood-lifting chemical substance it can't
replace." - Automobile Magazine

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.