TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Your mode door actuator motor has failed.
People Seeking Info

Subject Your mode door actuator motor has failed.

Posted by doug8867 on August 05, 2016 at 9:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 1990 times.

In Reply To A/C only blows out driver side and left center vents posted by Zerby2005 on August 04, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Message Sometimes it's also referred to as a blend door motor. I recently replaced mine with a used one I bought here in classfieds. I posted about it when had I had trouble releasing a clip a month or so ago. Search "mode door actuator" and I'm sure it will come up and provide more info that might help you.

Replacing it is a pain mostly because it's cramped workspace and lots of little pieces and screws to remove to get to the part. Not particularly hard but time-consuming. If I had to do it again it would go much faster because I would know how hard to pull/twist/push, etc. to get things in and out, but the first time it's a learning experience.

In my case the plastic gears were fine but the motor itself was shot. Replaced it and now I have air at the top and the bottom. Before the replacement I only had it coming out of the defrost.

Be sure when you get a replacement one that the back side arm looks exactly like the one you removed. There are three mode doors in the system and each has a different arm on the back and are not interchangeable.

Hope that helps.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.