TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: There are some differences.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: There are some differences.

Posted by 91-Z32 on April 17, 2016 at 7:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 294 times.

In Reply To There are some differences. posted by michaell32 (FL) on April 16, 2016 at 02:15 PM

Message I need to replace the EF&I harness on my car anyway because it is now 15 years old and has deteriorated to the point where it is no longer serviceable long-term. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have no desire to perform this repair twice.

So again, it appears as though I have two options available.

1. I can order a replacement EF&I harness from Nissan for a 1991 NA and modify it prior to removing the plenum by:
* Removing the old style injector connectors and replacing them with the newer style pigtails.
* Replacing the EF&I PTU connector with that from the PTU sub-harness to eliminate the sub-harness itself. (Optional).
* Performing the Power Switch Mod to eliminate constant voltage on the new injectors.

2. I can order a replacement EF&I harness from Nissan for 1995 NA and modify it prior to removing the plenum by:
* Replacing the AC compressor connector with that from my existing 1991 harness.
* Replacing the Cam Angle Sensor (CAS) to accommodate the 1995 EF&I harness.

As for replacing the CAS, what years will work? And are they reliable enough to install a used one, as is the opinion with the fuel injectors, or should a new one be purchased?

Have I overlooked anything?

Does anyone sell either the 1990 to 1993 EF&I harness or the 1995 EF&I harness pre-configured as I have outlined above?

Any opinion as to which option would be best?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.