TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Injector Failure
People Seeking Info

Subject Injector Failure

Posted by 91-Z32 on April 15, 2016 at 3:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 477 times.

Message Here's a topic that's never been discussed before.

I have a 91 NA with bad injectors. I've searched and read enough posts that I understand the problem - The ethanol that was added to gasoline several years ago destroys the OEM injectors internally causing them to fail. I also understand that there are several approaches to resolving the problem ... Dermel method v. Plenum pull ... Upgrade to the newer style 94-96 injectors and so on. But I have a couple of questions that I have not been able to identify by searching the site.

1. Does Nissan, or some other aftermarket company, produce fuel injectors that are a direct replacement for the 90-93 OEM injectors and that are not affected by the current fuel formulation in use in the U.S.? If so, what is the company?
* My hope is to reuse the exiting wiring harness and fuel rail, if possible.

2a. If not, does a company produce an all inclusive kit to convert the current older style injectors to the new style 94-96 injectors?

2b. If converting via a kit, will it be necessary to change the existing fuel rail or can the newer style injectors be installed to an existing older style fuel rail via some form of adapter?

2c. If converting via a kit, will it be necessary to splice individual connectors on to the existing wiring harness to accommodate the newer style injectors or is there a replacement harness that can be installed to avoid such work?
* Ideally, such a harness would be included as part of the kit

As you can tell, I hope to do the repair once and to do it in the least convoluted, most economical way possible. I do not want to replace the injectors a second time at some future date.

Finally, I am located in CT. Can anyone suggest a reputable garage in the area that could perform such work?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.