TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The way you're doing it is not good.
People Seeking Info

Subject The way you're doing it is not good.

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on April 10, 2016 at 10:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 291 times.

In Reply To The ECU connector method is my preference. posted by Bernie (NoVA) on April 09, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Message What it does is bypass the fusible link used for the injectors and puts the injector load on the fusible link for the ignition coils and the ignition coil relay. This also causes a reduction in available current to the coil pack.

Two things are bad about this. It will reduce the available current provided to the ignition coils resulting in less power to the spark plug (and less HP accordingly) and it will risk over-heating the fusible link for the ignition coils.

The way I do it will keep integrity of the circuit load to the fusible link as is originally used for the injectors and not rob power to the coil packs.

The only additional mod needed is cutting the wire at ECU harness pin 58 and then providing a constant 12 volt to the wire going to the ECU by tapping into the yellow wire of the plug that goes to the clock. The ECU memory backup uses a very very low amount of current so there is no problem in using this source for the 12 volts.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.