TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm not sure the problems you are having are related to the
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm not sure the problems you are having are related to the

Posted by Tanley (ATL) on March 27, 2016 at 9:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

In Reply To Anyone deleted their clutch booster? posted by MaxxAction on March 26, 2016 at 09:44 PM

Message booster. If it was going bad, I would assume it would just be harder to push the pedal in, or the feel of the pedal would change randomly (softer to harder). I believe that the clutch pedal to master cylinder is a direct connection, meaning that if the booster went bad that the engagement point should remain consistent, however the pedal feel might not (softer to harder). I have heard that there is a rubber disk in the booster that can become disloged if not careful while adjusting, but again that would cause the pedal to consistently not have enough travel for the clutch to disengage.

I would triple check both bleed points and made sure there was no air in the lines.

Check the adjustment of the pedal.

If all of that checks out then I'd be suspicious of a defective MC or slave. Did you leave the system open for an extended period of time? Doesn't take long for the seals to go bad in the MC or slave once exposed to the elements.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.