TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - z32 Starter Relay and Tranny Issues
People Seeking Info

Subject z32 Starter Relay and Tranny Issues

Posted by str86z on March 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 270 times.

Hello All,

this is my first post but i have searched and can't seem to find my specific issues. Long story short used 91 engine & auto tranny purchased and put in my 92 z32. I've got the car to start and idle fine, but starter relay (in fender) has to be jumped. Bought 2 new relays Autozone & Oem, and it will not start when the new relays are connected. That's problem # 1. Checked all fuses, engine bay, in the car, all ok. What could that be? Problem # 2 is the auto transmission does nothing in any gear & no reverse lights when placed into Reverse. P,R,D,1,2 nothing at all. I filled the transmission, drained it & refilled it (w/fresh fluid) to correct level, and still nothing. Bought new neutral safety switch changed it out, checked connections & fuses, including ASCD fuse, tried 2 shifter's, and still nothing. No noise from the tranny & i even unbolted the shifter and manually shifted it, the driveshaft moved just a little, but did not spin in any gear, even revved up to 3k rpms. Last night tried to jump the consult port to start the error code & tried doing the auto tranny diagnostics and none of them responded. So please help, any suggestions will be welcomed.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.