TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - small update but didn't have time to check smoke issue
People Seeking Info

Subject small update but didn't have time to check smoke issue

Posted by sputnikZ on August 17, 2015 at 8:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 212 times.

In Reply To I went around last night and checked everything I could see posted by sputnikZ on August 17, 2015 at 09:22 AM

Message No I didn't paint the valve covers. Just wiped them off.

The grounds on both sides on rear of the plenum are attached each on 10mm bolts (behind cylinders 5 and 6). Are these the only ones? I didn't disconnect the fuel rail ground but I think it went to the lower intake.

Just for shits I pulled ECU codes and got 55 (no malfunction). But engine does sound weak so I did balance test and appears that injector 1 is bad. No change when plug connector pulled. Confirmed with high ohm reading too. I think this is unrelated to the burning smell though. Wonder why ECU doesn't read bad injector? Also I didn't notice any sign of missing before plenum pull otherwise I would've replaced injectors when the damn thing was off. Either I got used to running on 5 cylinders or fiddling around finally killed it.

I still have to troubleshoot the harness issue.

It's starting to look like another plenum pull might be in my dreadful future. God I feel like I need at least a year before being up for doing that again.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.