TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - MT Swap Wiring Recommendations
People Seeking Info

Subject MT Swap Wiring Recommendations

Posted by flashstar on August 11, 2015 at 9:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 1411 times.

Message There is some great MT swap information out there, however the wiring portion is incomplete. The following guide was very helpful for the basics:

La-Z-Link

Unfortunately, it doesn't cover 2 important aspects of the manual swap fully- the neutral and clutch switch electrical connections. Many probably never worry about these connections, however they should be considered for a fully functional MT swap.

At first, I left the neutral switch disconnected. I found out that the neutral/inhibitor switches signal through pin 44 of the ECU. With my AT ecu chip, ignition timing was always 20 degrees advanced at idle. I had to reprogram my ecu in Nistune and reconnect the neutral switch to fix that issue (idle ign timing advance reset to 0 at operating temperature). The neutral switch is also connected to the PS controller and brings the system out of "fail-safe" mode.

La-Z-Link

I also just discovered that the clutch switch does more than cancel cruise control. It serves as a "vehicle speed signal" that activates variable power steering as well. Now I'm heading back under the dash to connect the clutch switch to the PS controller properly. The FSM claims that the "Clutch Pedal Position Switch" signals the power steering unit whereas the "ASCD clutch switch" cancels cruise control.

La-Z-Link

Just a couple points to consider when swapping a manual transmission into your Z!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.