TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - got it!! hammer time
People Seeking Info

Subject got it!! hammer time

Posted by LivinTheDream on August 07, 2015 at 8:51 AM
  This message has been viewed 169 times.

In Reply To axel stuck in rear wheel hub??? posted by LivinTheDream on August 05, 2015 at 11:42 AM

Message I started off with a 20 ton press but got no where. With both arms and 6lb mallet i beat the end of the axel repeatedly. At first it didn't look like anything but when I peered closer I saw that it backed out about 1/8-1/4 inch. Tried the press again.. No luck. The top of the axel looked like a mushroom at this time so I cut off the flared edges with an angle grinder and gave it a few more wacks. Once it slid down past the surface of the hub I used a steel rod to finish drive it through. It was just love taps needed at that point. I didn't have the axel nut and this was from A scrap car so I didn't care about the axel. I realised that the jack for the press must have needed fluid why it wouldn't do anything no matter how many times or at what stage in the process I tried it. The large nut on the back of the knuckle for the hub sucked also. Hopefully the one on the car is as it should be.

"torque gets you off the line...& hp gets you over the line." -
TTKeeper

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.