TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Factory alarm is bonkers!
People Seeking Info

Subject Factory alarm is bonkers!

Posted by madkiwi on July 25, 2015 at 4:52 PM
  This message has been viewed 212 times.

Message So I, like many others, have been afflicted with the factory alarm gremlins. Mine will start going off if the car sits in the sun. Going out to the car and cycling the door locks usually deals with it. A couple years ago, when it first happened, I replaced the hood switch, as the original had lost the rubber boot, seemed the likely culprit. Seemed to take care of it, but every now and again it would happen again. Because it happens only when the car is parked in the sun, I think the fault is a result of a switch getting warmer. Locked up in the garage overnight, no problem.

Yesterday, while visiting my dad in the hospital, it happened 6 times in about 20 minutes. I finally pulled the fuse (in the relay box under the hood) and would have left it at that, but for 3 annoying things- the fuse also is for the interior lights, the Airbag check circuit, and the climate control memory. So I am driving around with the Airbag warning illuminated, and every time I get in the car the Climate control is off and the temp is set at the default 75.

I did a search online and the most common thing people seem to do when they have this problem is to disconnect the Alarm control box which is located above the ECU. I want to fix it.

Since I know my hood switch is good, I am suspecting either the rear hatch switch or one or the door switches. Anyone know a way to test them? Do I have to get 300zx door push switches or is this a common part (looks just like the switches on my 1993 Pathfinder)? Does the Z have an impact sensor that may be going bad?

Thank you.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.