TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Let me break this down
People Seeking Info

Subject Let me break this down

Posted by -Grimm- on July 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM
  This message has been viewed 213 times.

In Reply To Neb needs help lighting first I gues...Plz help... posted by fleshworkstt on July 22, 2015 at 03:06 PM

Message for my own understanding :)

1) Viper 560XV remote start wont work through the FOB, but works with the manual start/stop trigger wire?
2) Dash lights flash when it is remote started
3) Head lights are hooked to an added switch and relay
4) Car died when running (cooling down), starts and runs fine with the ignition relay bypassed
5) Map lights don't work properly, show +12V

Might have missed one or two in there...

Responses:

1) I had some issues with my Viper 5901 remote start communicating with the module, check your antenna and its placement
2) Does the alarm go off? Dash/parking lights flashing when remote started is normal
3) Hook your HID's into the stock lighting circuit, mount relays to be activated when the OEM headlight wire is powered
4) Strange timing, but sounds like there is an issue with your relay receiving power. Check all the pins and their functions (relay coil and contacts) to figure out which one is lacking
5) If I remember, the lights receive constant 12V and turn on via ground, so something is interfering with your grounding circuit. Check the door jam switches and trunk switch, maybe something was cut when installing your alarm.

------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 300ZX NA 5 Sp (Dead)
1990 300ZX NA Auto 2+2 (Dead)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Est. 400 HP)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Est. 600 HP)
2004 G35 Sport 6MT (DD)
2008 Honda Civic (DD)
1969 Chevy C10 (Toy)
1969 Chevelle (Toy)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.