TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lacking power in my 91 NA. What's next to check?
People Seeking Info

Subject Lacking power in my 91 NA. What's next to check?

Posted by Mikester(Seattle) on July 22, 2015 at 12:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

Message So my 91 NA has been sitting for quite a long time (2+ years) and last time I had been driving it, I noticed it had lost a fair amount of power from what it used to have. At some point, it intermittently would perform better than other times when I started it and drove. Breaking the tires loose in 2nd wasn't too difficult but now it doesn't even come close. Aside from this, it idles smooth but occasionally stumbles for a brief second when first started.

I put in a fresh tank of gas, oil change, checked the air filter, calibrated the TPS to within spec, set the timing to 10 deg., replaced all of the fuel injector connectors with new ones, checked ECU diagnostics and am not sure what to go after next.

My initial thought is either the fuel filter, fuel lines or the fuel pump itself. I noticed some people had issues with the wiring to the pump assembly not making strong contact. The other thing I've noticed are a lot of my connectors in the engine bay have green corrosion (copper oxidation?) inside of them. I've tried to clean some of them out with electrical contact cleaner spray but it doesn't seem to do much to get rid of it.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.