TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Haltech Boost Control Map Question
People Seeking Info

Subject Haltech Boost Control Map Question

Posted by Bigwill837 on July 13, 2015 at 10:41 AM
  This message has been viewed 391 times.

Message I have a question about the Haltech boost control feature used with the Haltech PNP ECU.

At one time Greg at Specialty Z told me that the Haltech boost control map did not have enough range/resolution to automatically take full advantage of E-85.

In other words, if you wanted your boost level fully automated based on the fuel type (using a flex-fuel sensor), the Haltech could not maximally adjust boost from pump gas to E-85.

For example: If you set the base boost for 91 octane at 15 psi in the Haltech boost map, and then decided to fill 'er up with E-85, the Haltech boost map did not have enough range to increase boost by a factor more than 50% (or whatever the parameter was). So the Haltech could automatically adjust the boost to a maximum of 22.5 psi, but you could actually safely run 28 psi on E-85. Essentially, the boost map was leaving more boost on the table in the "automated" format because it didn't have the range to increase boost from pump gas to E-85.

I do not recall the exact boost figures and percentile adjustments, I just recall that the Haltech ECU boost map had some range limitations for adjust-ability.

Does anyone know if this is still true? Or has Haltech adjusted the range capabilities for the boost maps?

Thanks!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.