TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm going thru this myself and plan to post some tips in the
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm going thru this myself and plan to post some tips in the

Posted by jzack on June 28, 2015 at 10:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 498 times.

In Reply To Adding Stainless steel brake lines. Need advice posted by XTZ on June 28, 2015 at 09:16 PM

Message tech section in a week or two. I wanted to avoid rounding the main hardline fittings as a priority and have been sucessful with three so far. Get the Autozone flex head 10 and 12mm flare wrench. The wrench was made to tight standards, so fits the nuts very well - not like the cheaper versions. Runs about $14. The flex head is great for the rear, hard to reach fittings.

Plan to spray those fittings for at least 2 -3 days. Clean them well first with brake cleaner and a small brush (toothbrush or similiar). I found on the second and third days spraying with some freezing spray before applying the PB Blaster helped to get it to soak in better. Air can duster from Home Depot turned upside down makes nice freezing spray. When ready to use the Autozone flare wrench, wrap a rag around the handle to give a better grip and tug away. Should come undone with no issues. Patience is the key.

For the badly rounded nut, will need to use needle nosed locking pliers. I wanted to avoid this for the rear fittings due to the tight work space. For the fronts, very easy to use there but I worked to get them done with the flare wrench.

It's been raining a lot here in NJ, so no big deal with the car sitting in the garage for repair.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.