TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Dyno tune
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Dyno tune

Posted by TwinTurboByrd on June 29, 2015 at 10:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 179 times.

In Reply To Re: Dyno tune posted by MaxxAction on June 24, 2015 at 06:38 PM

Message The short block was assembled by a local engine builder here in West Virginia, Cunningham Motors. He has a great reputation and builds 1,000+ hp twin turbo engines regularly. He did his homework and research thoroughly on the VG engine before doing it for me. I assembled the long block from there. The only problem ive had with the car other than the normal boost leaks, tps calibration etc etc, is the car is a TURD at 15 degrees of timing. If I recall I did pull the timing covers last summer and checked the timing belt marks, everything was dead on. I have never resolved this issue, even used a brand new OEM CAS with no improvement. Just at a loss with it. Don't get me wrong, the car runs good, and it impresses most people that ride in it, but when it comes down to it, I have a good friend of mine with a stock turbo car and 555 injectors and no breather mods, single pop, stock intercooler piping old ashspec intercoolers, 2.5" exhaust, stock heads and cams and he gives me a damn good run till I start winding out 3rd gear, even then the difference is minimal. Im sorry but the car should run better.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.