TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Car backfires then motor dies while cruising at 50mph..
People Seeking Info

Subject Car backfires then motor dies while cruising at 50mph..

Posted by RRyderTT on June 25, 2015 at 12:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 252 times.

Message Not really sure what happened....

cruising down the road at 45/50mph and the car has a small backfire like sound, all the lights on the dash come on, and the motor dies as i keep rolling into small parking lot. The motor turns over just fine but the car won't start. Battery is good, alternator is good, good fuel pressure. Nothing was leaking under the car or engine bay and car did not overheat. I actually haven't had a chance to look at the car well since i have been in the hospital for the last 3-4 days (my wife and I had our first child..baby boy :)) Just sitting here curious. I will not have the time obviously to be working on the car much with the new born and my wife had a c-section.
I'm hoping it is something really small. The car has been running great with no issues. Just did a 120K timing belt kit change at the beginning of the year. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated to speed up the process once i get hands on it. Thanks in advance all!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.