TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - adjustable cam gears
People Seeking Info

Subject adjustable cam gears

Posted by wh0sjeff on June 23, 2015 at 8:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 228 times.

Message 2 years ago had my heads shaved and the shop that did the work never stamped my heads so I don't know how much was taken off of each head. i'm guessing about .007 on each head but that is just a guess. when I inIitially checked the heads for flatness they were pretty good but around 0012 between cylinders, that's why I opted to have them shaved. place did a nice job except for tellin me what they did, anyways instead of trying to correct this with gaskets since ive put 25.000 miles on the car I would rather just dump a few more thousand bucks that I don't have in cam gears. been leaning heavily towards the bde adjustable intake gears with that n3rd element part because im afrqaid if I just go with regular gears from jun, etc ill lose the vtc option. n ow my big question is... if I were to pass on the bde gears how would it effect my car not having the vtc gears? I know a lot of people choose that option but I don't want to lose hp. I mean if I were putting out 800hp it wouldn't be that much of a difference but I inly hve half of that. and doesn't the vtc gears increase the high end on the curve? anyone with some knowledge or experience with this please help gain some insight. thanks

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.