TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Problem new, or since install ?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Problem new, or since install ?

Posted by gman300zxtt on June 23, 2015 at 1:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 155 times.

In Reply To Problem new, or since install ? posted by ttz'in (norcal) on June 22, 2015 at 09:44 PM

Message The HU (head unit) was installed by the previous owner. I have had the car a long time, since Jan of 09. It didn't start doing this problem until I installed a 3000-watt mono block amp, power capacitor, and 10in Memphis sub. I actually disconnected everything back to the way it was before and the HU still does the same thing (turns off then back on while driving). I didn't change any of the connections and added an extra ground you were saying in the same location as the spade connector ground to the HU chassis (the spade connector goes to the AM black ground wiring harness and the other goes to the AM silver chassis). Only this time when I drove it tonight, it took about 20 minutes and a few pulls then it started doing the same problem again. It's like it made it better but delayed problem.

Seems like when the car warms up fully is when the problem persists (when everything is nice and hot).

As far as the connections: The wires are connected accordingly on the harness except the orange (illumination) is not connected and the blue/white wire is connected! that could be an issue but like I said above I have never unwrapped any of the wires except for the black ground wire.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.