TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Help! why is my stereo turning off and back on again
People Seeking Info

Subject Help! why is my stereo turning off and back on again

Posted by gman300zxtt on June 22, 2015 at 2:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 163 times.

Message Ok, so while driving after about 10mins (problem doesn't happen when first driving before about 10mins, going slow, or when stopped) when I apply the brake (even ever so slightly) my aftermarket stereo turns off and right back on again. My HICAS light sometimes flashes just for a sec. simultaneously with the stereo turning off and back on again. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!??

I suspect it is a grounding issue, the head unit has a harness that came with it (crutchfield I think) that is wired up with the factory harness for the stereo. I separated the ground from the aftermarket head unit and ran it straight to the body where the factory ground connects with the black clip behind the stereo. Before the madness, the aftermarket stereo was only grounded through the harness, the stock black clip stereo ground from the factory stereo was disconnected so that's what I reused for the aftermarket isolated stereo ground.

My battery is pretty new with clean terminals and tight connections. My main body ground is tight and looks clean.
I would rule out an alternator issue cause I am not seeing any dimming of lights or any weird flashing dash lights (check engine, brake, battery, etc.) Alternator is not very old and was replaced within the last 30k.

Again if anyone has had this problem and knows what I can try, I would really appreciate some help! thanks in advance! 91TTz

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.