TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - What to do while the engine is out/general questions
People Seeking Info

Subject What to do while the engine is out/general questions

Posted by Z32CheekiBreeki on June 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM
  This message has been viewed 288 times.

Message Before I start, yes I have used the search function! I have a list down and just want to know if there is anything I'm missing. I'm in the middle of a TT conversion so I'm trying to figure out all mods/maintenance I should do while the engine is out (sadly new turbos are out of the question)

What I have so far

-EGR Delete
-Plenum waterline bypass
-AIV Delete
-PRVR Delete
-charcoal canister delete
-3in downpipes (anyone know where I can find good ones for a good price?)
-120k kit
-New injector seals (also have a question here, I picked up some Subaru sti 550cc fuel injectors that I was told fit the VG30. To me, they look exactly the same as the Nismo 555cc and from what I read are both made by JECS. anyone know if this is true?)
-valve cover gaskets (gonna paint/passenger side is leaking)
-clean idle hardware
-PCV valves
-O2 sensors
-knock sensors

I know some of these can be done without an engine pull, I basically want to know what I should do during this swap while the car is down and engine is easy to work on

also, is it worth it to have the inside of both plenums professionally cleaned? I've never taken off the lower plenum but I have done a plenum pull.

also is it obvious if a turbo is leaking oil when the engine is out? the donor car I bought for the swap ran and didnt smoke at all, although I never got it above 3k and it had all the stock cats in place

Thanks in advance

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.