TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Just realize, this can be done with the engine running.
People Seeking Info

Subject Just realize, this can be done with the engine running.

Posted by jzack on June 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM
  This message has been viewed 213 times.

In Reply To Looking for a power steering flush article. posted by Tanley on June 13, 2015 at 09:39 AM

Message Using extra hosing, connect the rack return hose to a decent sized bucket. With an assistants help, start the car while ps fluid is poured into the reservoir. Monitor the return hose (I used some clear tubing) to see when the new fluid color starts pumping through.

If you happen to get an air gulp in the system, once the system is buttoned up again. Start the car with front wheels in the air (jack stands) and turn the rack from side to side fully until the air is purged. You likely won't need to do this but mentioning in case.

Ps- there are other procedures that disable the fuel pump for turning the engine over to test things like injectors or coils for spark. Likely a search for that will tell you the right fusible link to pull. I just don't remember which one off hand myself would need to pull the electrical wiring diagram.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.