TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1991 300zx T/T
People Seeking Info

Subject 1991 300zx T/T

Posted by Bluesteele on May 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 311 times.

Message Have lurked here for a few years, but with a '96 N/A didn't feel like a contributor. Just trailered a 91 T/T back from Cali from an owner who couldn't get the car through the Cali emission test after moving from New Mexico. I love the car--rebuilt engine with some of the more common mods last November, then dyno'd at 513HP--but have two tech questions for anyone who cares to pass on wisdom.

The first is probably an obvious D/A question, but I have to ask. Of course the first to go on that engine rebuild was the air conditioning. Is it assinine to even think of restoring it? I don't need this kind of power anyway.

The other has to do with vibration that becomes noticeable at 63-65 mph. It isn't teeth rattling, but apparent enough that I always take the N/A for trips. It seems totally absent below that speed. The previous owner said it was driving him crazy and he specifically replaced the driveshaft with a solid shaft on the advice of 'experts.' I have to assume he checked all the obvious things before that point.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.