TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Steering wheel off center to left issue.... (read first)
People Seeking Info

Subject Steering wheel off center to left issue.... (read first)

Posted by Drk93TT on April 08, 2015 at 5:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 452 times.

Message So....a few yrs ago I replaced my rack bushings when the engine was out a few years back with energy bushings.

Not 100% sure if its been like this since than, but the steering wheel is off to the left all the time, and pulls right when you center the wheel. The bushings are both tight and in place correctly from what I can see, and rack does NOT move around when turn the wheel and look at bushings/rack under car.

I have had it aligned ... around 6 separate times (lifetime alignment package on the car) and ALL specs are green. front AND rear.

Front specs:

Camber: LF -.6 RF -.6
Caster: LF 9.2 RF 9.2
Toe: LF .06 RF .06 (we have set toe AT LEAST 4x and same result... wheel off to left.)

Cant remember the rear but its dead on perfect camber,caster,toe.

Im wondering what the hell is causing this. A few of my mechanics are saying its possible internal issue with the rack itself (it is the original rack from 93 after all) But I don't want to rebuild that and spend all the time and money and get same result obviously...

Front tires were swapped L to R with no result also.

Thoughts???? Ive searched and all Im coming up with is the Tension rods are causing an issue.. they are powertrix ones circa 2009ish.... That or put it on a different rack and see what happens. Even had the hunter rep out to look at the rack... no result. He claims nothing wrong w. it.

Thank you.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.