TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - On the off chance it's just a stuck ring. Can try putting
People Seeking Info

Subject On the off chance it's just a stuck ring. Can try putting

Posted by jzack on March 16, 2015 at 8:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 229 times.

In Reply To I just don't see how adding oil could change the number for posted by J-Mart on March 16, 2015 at 11:46 AM

Message some ATF tranny fluid in the cylinder for a few days to get it unstuck.

Try to get the piston at the half way point or lower. Add some tranny fluid with a turkey baster and a short hose attached.

Don't fill the cylinder up all the way -- it will leak into your exhaust pipe (don't ask how I know this?). Use a wood dowel to verify the level of fluid in the cylinder - need enough to cover the entire piston top.

After 2-3 days or so use the baster to get the fluid out. Lightly put a rag in the spark plug access hole. Crank the engine a few times (CAS or fuel pump relay disconnected, we don't want the car to start). The idea is to get all the rest of the tranny fluid into the rag. Don't forget the rag - otherwise a spray mess happens (don't ask!).

Retest the compression and see if it gets better. If all is good - I'd drain the engine oil and replace before trying to run the engine.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.