TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lean under boost
People Seeking Info

Subject Lean under boost

Posted by Lumpydonut on March 15, 2015 at 10:56 AM
  This message has been viewed 247 times.

Message Looking for other ideas on what I could check. Mods in profile are up to date. Have tested MAF, FPR, checked for fuel leaks, vacuum leaks, replaced fuel pump relay, even wired the pump directly to the battery. FPR vacuum line is connected to where the factory one does on the side of the plenum.

Car starts fine, idles fine, cruises fine. On cold start both widebands hover around .82-.88 lambda, once warm stays right at .94-1.04. Cruising is about the same .94-1.04 in all gears. If i push the throttle it goes rich for a second as it transitions to boost, then as soon as boost controller shows anything positive it starts to lean out quick.

It started doing this when I was trying to lean it out a bit in Nistune as it was running pig rich. Subtracted a few points from the right side of the map and it started doing this. Added the same points back and still going lean. Since I am running the exact same map as I was when it was running very rich it leads me to think it is a physical issue instead of a tuning one but I have eliminated every physical thing I can think of. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.