TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Added data after ECU testing...(long)
People Seeking Info

Subject Added data after ECU testing...(long)

Posted by msb1987 on January 04, 2015 at 2:05 PM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

In Reply To Code 51 advice posted by msb1987 on January 03, 2015 at 01:08 PM

Message The power balance test has been and stayed the same throughout the last week...#1 cylinder is not firing and the car is running extremely rich with slight smoke coming from both exhausts.

the results of the ecu testing showed continuity with all the injectors with the following exclusion.

#1 continuity & ohm was good when connected to the injector but when I took off the connector and bridged the connector the ohm range would vary. It would sometimes start and hold at 12-13 and then at other times it would start high (40's) and fall to normal and at other times start normal and rise. It would sometimes just settle in the 15-13 range.

Now for the strange part...I decided after the ecu test to run it and pull the plug to see what the condition of the plug was like. The plug was wet with fuel. How can that be if the injector is not firing? Could the wiring have an effect on when the injector fires? Could it be stuck open? What would the multimeter say about an open injector?

So I decided to test the #1 coil pack yet again since it was out. Had my wife start the car when I realized that I forgot to put a plug into #1. Only a couple of cranks. When I looked down into the #1 I saw liquid so I swabbed it and it was fuel. There was enough that it was puddled up and I could see the puddle with just a flashlight. Put in a plug and my wife had to open the throttle to get enough air in to start it. Coil pack fired fine.

So here I sit not sure how to proceed. Do I get the injector connector kit from Coz (down the street a mile or so) and splice a new connector to #1? How far back do I go and how? Just unwrap the harness as far back as I can?

Compression test #1? Is that pertinent to anything I have seen thus far? At this point do I need to pull all the plugs or can I simply compression test #1 by pulling all the coil pack connectors? Any other diagnostics other than compression test?

BTW once I buttoned everything back up I let it idle a bit and code 51 was thrown again.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.