TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dremel the plenum at the appropriate locations to allow>>
People Seeking Info

Subject Dremel the plenum at the appropriate locations to allow>>

Posted by ZUL8TR on November 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM
  This message has been viewed 577 times.

In Reply To Think I'm missing something on my plenum pull posted by Matt300ZXT on November 21, 2014 at 04:10 PM

Message for future injector R&R. Replace as many of the hoses as you can. Now is the time to delete the throttle body coolant hoses if you desire. When doing the connectors there usually is corrosion inside the wires you cut, you need to get to clean copper.Do an injector leak test of all them on the rails B4 install. Make a closed loop add a pressure gage and a valve between the gage and the air pump. Pressure up to about 55 psi, close gage off to prevent leakage in the air pump rings, submerge all in water tank and look for any bubbles at the injector tips or else were. If none let it sit pressured up for about an hour. Easier to do this off engine rather than on so you save work. I also do a pressure leak test on the engine with all installed to check for system leaks at other locations in the injector plumbing circuit independent of all to the rear of the fuel filter.

Are you using same rails with adapters or 300 Degree or other?

Did you mark all connections so replace goes correct?

FYI- Due to lack of room and soldering was not available I used crimp connectors to connect new injector wires to harness, then covered with heat shrink tube then wrapped in high temp electric tape. Think I used 18 gage coupling connectors and double folded the wire in the connector B4 crimping. 5 years now and no issues when done right.

ZUL8TR in Orlando,FL

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.