TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Oil Pan Leak. Advice please
People Seeking Info

Subject Oil Pan Leak. Advice please

Posted by RRyderTT on October 05, 2014 at 4:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 1409 times.

Message Ok, so i had an oil pan leak from the front of the pan (gasket). I pulled the motor to remove the pan and do other things like the timing belt. The pan i had on there was messed up so i bought another used pan from a member that seem to be in good condition and no issues. I bought a new front and rear oil pan gasket and made sure the surface on the oil pan and where the oil pan mounted was clean and free of oil. I used a nice thick bead of RTV around the pan as described in the tech section but not in the area of where the front and rear gasket goes. After putting everything back together and turning the key everything was perfect....EXCEPT THE PAN STILL LEAKS!!!! Not from the front gasket but around the 3rd bolt on the left side (if you are looking at the front of the motor). A lot of work only to still have the same problem not to mention it leaks more now than before. Here is a pick of the car running for about 10mins. I backed the car up to see how much had dripped out and i was shocked! (about half a qt). Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

photo IMG_5755_zpsce10fc66.jpg">La-Z-Link

photo IMG_5767_zps869c1ffb.jpg">La-Z-Link

photo IMG_5759_zps1648fd5b.jpg">La-Z-Link

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.