TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - My Clutch Bleeding..
People Seeking Info

Subject My Clutch Bleeding..

Posted by Cjw3 on September 29, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 360 times.

In Reply To Frustrated clutch bleeder in Atlanta posted by jgbatlantaZ on September 28, 2014 at 03:49 PM

Message On the Green NA, while we were re-building the motor, we removed the "long annoying Brake Bleeder Line' behind the Right Headlight.. The Reassembly and bleeding of the Clutch line was a Piece of Cake..
However..
On the Black NA.. we had to change the Clutch Slave Cylinder.. I Let the System Drain COMPLETELY ( Mistake ).. After installing the New Slave.. I Could not get the Air Pocket out the the " Long Bleeder Hose", and I was unable to get the Fittings loose to remove that line from the Car, with the Engine in..

Solution.. Takes 3 people..

1) Put the Car up in the Air..
2) Have one person at the Clutch Peddle
3) Have one person at the Slave Cylinder..
4) Have one person at the 'Long Bleeder Tube'..

This is assuming that you have bleed the Line as best you can.. And the Reservoir is full..
1) Open the Long Bleeder Tube Vent line ( with a Hose to catch the Fluid in a can.
2) Have the Person inside the Car press the Paddle to the Floor slowly.
3) When the inside person has the peddle to the Floor, the Person under the Car will Depress the Slave Cylinder into itself as far as it will go.
4) When the Lower person has the Slave totally pushed, close the Vent Line..

We did this about 4 Times.. each time filling the Master back full, and we were finally able to push enough Fluid to get the Bubble out of the Clutch line..

Good Luck..

Cj

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.