TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hesitation issues and stalling after plenum pull + new parts
People Seeking Info

Subject Hesitation issues and stalling after plenum pull + new parts

Posted by XTZ on September 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM
  This message has been viewed 389 times.

Message Ok. I just got the car running again after performing a plenum removal. I replaced the spark plugs NGK Iridium IX BKR5EIX-11 5464.
I installed in the New Style Injector / Fuel Rail from Bernie and followed the directions to a T. Installed the new o rings for the injectors,
new injector connectors, and plenum gasket. I also performed a coolant delete/bypass for the throttle body's. I started the car up, and everything seemed fine.

I drove the car, and there was some hesitation. I adjusted the throttle sensor, AIC, and CAS, but I can't get the car to run properly. It stutters, and stalls at idle.
I performed an ECU diagnostic, and received a code 55.

Everything was clean and taped off to prevent debris or dirt contamination. All coil packs and fuel injectors ohm out within spec.

What else could I be missing?

Also.. I bought a used coil pack, which has the same model number as my other 5, but is slightly different in design.
My original ones have a small spring with a small piece of carbon at the tip attached to it.

The other coil pack that I bought has a spring which runs the length of the entire coil pack internally, and does not have a carbon tip.

Which is better, and will I have any issues mix matching these?

src="http://carphotos4.cardomain.com/images/0015/68/31/154
78613_large.jpg" width="420" height="265">

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.