TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Update inside
People Seeking Info

Subject Update inside

Posted by -Grimm- on June 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 289 times.

In Reply To You're right posted by -Grimm- on June 24, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Message after going through everything again and getting the same (passing) results, I ran a compression test.

The engine was cold, so I wasnt as interested in the number as I was in the consistency.

1, 2, 3, 4 all measured 100 psi (rings havent even been seated yet)

I go to run it in 5 and 6, both times the starter doesnt even sound like it has resistance. At first I thought the o-ring wasnt sealing on the spark plug surface, so I put in the adapter and get it nice and tight, still nothing.

So today I put a bore scope inside of the cylinder to get a better look, and from what I can tell... it looks like one exhaust valve is sticking open in both cylinder 3 and cylinder 6.

I had the heads rebuilt locally while my engine was out, so I have to go talk to the shop to see what exactly happened, and why their work isnt... working.

I took some pictures of the bore scope but theyre fairly hard to see, I will post them tomorrow.

Anyway, looks like the code 51 isnt so much related to my engine running rough as it is my ECU having issues. So now I get to send my ECU out for repair, and tear my engine back down.

Awesome.

------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 300ZX NA 5 Sp (Dead)
1990 300ZX NA Auto 2+2 (Dead)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Building)
2004 G35 Sport 6MT (DD)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.