TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Code 51: Other ideas?
People Seeking Info

Subject Code 51: Other ideas?

Posted by -Grimm- on June 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 333 times.

Message Ill throw a bunch of facts out, some might be pertinent.

About the car:
Recently rebuilt engine, low mileage 370cc new style injectors, ptu delete (audi coil packs), redid the wiring myself (completely deloomed, pulled the unused wires, reloomed in my own routing). Battery relocated to the trunk. 12V switched injector voltage mod.

Ground points are all there, ground distribution added due to relocating the battery.

On the issue

Started the car up after the rebuild, ran smooth but not steady (RPM spiking/dropping from 1000-1500), fuel pressure seemed to be the cause (40 psi at 1000 rpm, fuel pressure would spike up to about 50 psi, rpm would follow)

I noticed a small fuel leak and PS fluid leak, so I shut the car down after a couple minutes of running. Pulled the ECU out to check the trouble codes, however not thinking i dicsonnected the battery (Circuit breaker) and erased them.

Fixed those two issues, started the car up the next day and now it feels like its missing on a cylinder. Let it run for a minute until it started stumbling and then I shut it down. Pulled the codes and got code 51.

Things I checked:

Injector resistance: All 12.5 on the dot
All have +12V

So I put it all back together, same issue.

Pull it apart (again), check the following:
Injector resistance: All 12.4/12.5 still
Put LED's in all 6 packs, ran a spare CAS I had. Spinning it slowly all 6 would light, then one at a time would flash. Spinning fast, 1-2-3-4-5-6 just as it should be. No dim, no constantly on.
Grab a 9V battery, all injectors pass the click test.

Nothing.

Any other ideas why I would still be getting code 51 and running rough?

Unfortunately I dont have the ability to power balance test currently, working on that.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 300ZX NA 5 Sp (Dead)
1990 300ZX NA Auto 2+2 (Dead)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Building)
2004 G35 Sport 6MT (DD)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.