|I have a '92 TT that has a '95 USDM engine w/ '95 harness. I upgraded to sport 500s and now need an ECU upgrade as I'm suspecting the car is running lean.
1) Does a 16 bit ECU provide any worthwhile advantages for a 300ZX?
2) Should I get a '95 ECU to match the engine or stay with my '92 ECU?
3) My ECU needs to be socketed but I am trying to keep my downtime as low as possible. Suggestions?
4) Is there a reason JWT ecu upgrades are $575 when most other ones are below $200 (SpecialtyZ does chip and socketing for $200)? It can't possibly be that much different.
5) For #3, my current idea is to buy an upgraded ECU from Z1 and pay the $300 core charge and ship mine to them. I would really prefer to buy from Specialty Z though. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive your ECU back after you send it to them for socketing? I sent an email to Greg but it's the weekends so he most likely won't reply until Monday.
Any insight would be highly appreciated. This is my first TT and I haven't driven it for more than 10 miles due to the lean problem. Yes, it's pretty heart breaking.