TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Consult Port Problem on '93 NA, ConZult broken
People Seeking Info

Subject Consult Port Problem on '93 NA, ConZult broken

Posted by Zarcasm(Hfd, CT) on April 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 3283 times.

Message I'm having trouble accessing my ECU through the consult port with ConZult software.

I've also tried connecting IGN and CHK wires (pins 8 and 9) for three seconds to reset the ECU but that's not worked either. Reseting the ECU by twisting the potentiometer on the RHS works fine and the ECU isn't indicating it's got any problems of it's own.

When I try to connect the ConZult software the green and red lights indicate there's a signal getting out of the consult port and after about 5 seconds the green light goes out as expected. However, the ConZult software indicates that the "ECU is not responding". This leads me to believe that the problem lies between the ECU and the consult port. A quick look at the wiring diagram below shows that (almost) all roads go back to the ECU. Since the ConZult interface box is at least getting power I think it's unlikely there's a problem in the consult port wiring harnesses.

I've also installed the ConZult software on a different computer but this results in the same message ECU is not responding. I've also tried different versions of the software with exactly the same effect so I don't think I've got a software or computer problem.

Why can't my ConZult software access the ECU through the consult port? Any ideas?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.