TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - If you haven't driven a Z32 with a coilovers, do that first>
People Seeking Info

Subject If you haven't driven a Z32 with a coilovers, do that first>

Posted by Gordo 96NA Daytona on March 25, 2018 at 10:39 AM
  This message has been viewed 175 times.

In Reply To coilovers posted by succafool on March 07, 2018 at 03:25 PM

Message Coilovers are a major departure in ride comfort from stock suspension. They are also a major expense; and unlike using lowering springs w/ an appropriate shock; you can't utilize any of your existing hardware, and you are stuck with the combo you bought. Using lowering springs allows the user to mix and match components to obtain the ride height and handling characteristics they desire.

On my old TT, I obtained the 1" drop I wanted by using NA spring w/ TT shocks. I used more compliant springs, with heavy sway bars to get the comfortable ride and cornering stability that I wanted. Others have done the same thing after being punished by their daily driven coilovers on pot holed roads.

I've learned one thing about springs and shocks... and it is that one person's great handling new suspension is another person's teeth jarring nightmare. Only you can determine what level of impact harshness you can endure in order to obtain the drop you desire.

ston travel shockBe sure you want to make the change

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.