TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - updated molding install, includes rear 1/4 panel glass
People Seeking Info

Subject updated molding install, includes rear 1/4 panel glass

Posted by robo (sebring1970) on September 22, 2004 at 9:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 1880 times.

Message I updated my molding install article to include the rear side quarter panel molding pieces from KurumaZ. These pieces are by far the easiest to remove and install, but I wanted to include them in my original article mainly for the sake of completeness.

The entire article is on [ www.twinturbo.info ] > z32 > Molding Replacement

Here are a few of the main points.

The old molding basically pries off with finger power (you can ignore the screwdriver, lolam)

leaving this

The replacement piece more or less just presses into place. A dab of black RTV silicone is used under the rubber glass trim, shown by the white arrow.

Here is a comparison of the new OEM finish on my door molding, compared to the finish on the KuramaZ piece on the rear quarter window. I did not use the KurumaZ piece for my door only because my door pieces were already replaced by new OEM.

The point is moot for most peeps since the KuramaZ kit includes the quarter window AND the door, except that the rest of the moldings on my car are new OEM. The match is excellent, IMHO.

finished install

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.