TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Here is your fair warning on Fix-A-Flat products:
People Seeking Info

Subject Here is your fair warning on Fix-A-Flat products:

Posted by YugoBernie (NoVA) on June 08, 2003 at 10:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 1039 times.

Message Kaz & I got a local guys car droped off @ my place this week for some turbo seal and maint. work. Guy failed to mention dead battery & a flat (kinda hard to move the car around that way BTW) but thats just details.

So speaking for the flat - took the wheel off the car and noticed the inside edge was all worn down and the tire needed to be replaced so I took it down the road to the tire place to have it dismounted...

Funny swampy smell hit me as soon as they poped the tire off the rim - seems that it has filled w. some water along the way too and managed to stagnate into a nice nast-stew.

Fix-A-Flat compounded by water 1.
Chrome finish 0.

Took about 3 hours of total cleaning - wire brush, sand paper and gloves to get the inside of the wheel smooth again, the chrome is ruined and peeling out over the lip of the wheel and all. I got the mating edges as smooth as I could and had a spare tire mounted on. Seems to be keeping pressure much to my surprise. Hope it holds over night else this gig is going to be a hassle.

My $0.02 if you have a can of that shit in your car - go fill your neighbors mail box w. it - it's a crime they even sell it as a automotive product.

YugoBernie Logo

Bernie Bilski berniebilski@comcast.net
1995 NISSAN 300ZX TwinTurbo 5 Speed in Cobalt Green
1989 YUGO GVL 5 Speed in Arctic White
ZCCNV #390 ~ ECZA #368

"...Flat out beautiful... like a Porsche whose Mother ran off with a Ferrari"

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.