TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes. Read —>
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes. Read —>

Posted by Mike@ZSpeed on September 23, 2024 at 5:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 102 times.

In Reply To A few years ago posted by Denis on September 23, 2024 at 10:35 AM

Message 1. Open or enclosed transport?
* I strongly recommend enclosed
*** Enclosed is more. Maybe 20-30% more depending on carrier.

2. Check with your insurance you might get a discount. I get a 20% discount with Haggerty.

3. When you go online and fill out a form to get a quote here’s what happens. Unless you contact a specific company ( Horseless carriage or Reliable Transport ) you will basically be giving your info to everyone who transports those areas. So you will get flooded with phone calls, texts and emails! Again… you will get flood with phone calls , texts and emails.

4. This is the BIGGEST thing. Make a separate email specifically for this before you fill out a form. Because the emails will NEVER end. I still get emails , calls and texts and I haven’t used a transport in about 4 years.

5. Negotiate negotiate negotiate. It works. All carriers are competing for your business.

6. Don’t tell them you want enclosed right away. Generally they give you open transport (cheaper) then say “How much more for an enclosed”. Otherwise if you say enclosed right away they hit you big.
Carrier: “ ok sir from X to Y an open transport is gonna cost you $1,500 and a closed transport will be $1,800 can we book this now?
You: “ Ok… what’s the best you can do because So&So can do an enclosed for $1,400”
Generally they will come down.

7. NEVER pay up front. Generally you pay a small % up front to lock the deal and you pay the remaining balance upon delivery. My last transport $200 down. And when I got the car the remaining $1,300

8. Quotes are gonna be all over the board. Each carrier is bidding for your business. So if you call kn Monday Steve might quote you $1,900. But if you call 2 days later he might say $1,650

Good luck

Oh yeah did I mention.
DONT use your real email.

`
1990 NA
1993 TT

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.