TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have a way around that...
People Seeking Info

Subject I have a way around that...

Posted by vorpalZed on August 09, 2024 at 10:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 96 times.

In Reply To Yep, post is typically a little longer but much better tax posted by itsa300zx on August 09, 2024 at 07:46 PM

Message Do customs self-clearance at CBSA office at the International Airport. You contact the shipper (UPS, Purolator, FedEx) while the package is in transit and ask for self-clearance documents. They email them to you, you need an invoice from the shipper and you show this at the CBSA office. They send you to the cashier, you pay GST on the shipment and get a blue B15 form to send back to the courier to show that the package is now brokered and fees paid. Now it can be delivered, all fees paid.

Note: limit on shipment amount in Edmonton is $ 3300.00. If it's higher value than that, call a broker to clear it, I recommend Near North Customs Brokers they handled the last big parts shipment for Amateur Z way cheaper than the courier quoted.

Bottom line: Courier companies use brokerage fees as an excuse to wholesale rape you in cross-border shipments, anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 THE TOTAL VALUE OF THE FUCKING SHIPMENT. You can clear the packages yourself, but it takes a little time, energy and knowledge. And couriers are no faster, unless you pay for expedited service, it takes exactly as long as post.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.