TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I just went through a similar exercise.
People Seeking Info

Subject I just went through a similar exercise.

Posted by Zeus on August 07, 2024 at 8:42 AM
  This message has been viewed 65 times.

In Reply To Fuel sys update. What’s the latest opinion/consensus/etc posted by Woodnutz (PA) on August 03, 2024 at 10:36 AM

Message Just did an engine pull for turbo upgrades along with a Haltech install on my Z. There were a few "while I'm in there" updates since the engine was out.

I deleted the OEM FPR & damper and went with an Aeromotive X1 regulator w/ a Bosch fuel pressure sensor and a Continental flex fuel sensor on the return line. The FPR is mounted against the firewall just above the clutch master cylinder. I cut the fuel hardline tree in the bay to remove the return portion since it would now run from the fuel rail -> FPR -> Flex fuel sensor and back to the hardline under the car to the tank.

Currently still on the stock pump, but have a Walbro 450 and the SZ kit on the shelf next to install once I'm satisfied with setup.

Car is still up on jacks, but so far as I've been adjusting the Haltech the base fuel pressure has been stable.

I'll also eventually relocate the fuel filter to the rear, but only after I've changed all the lines to PTFE.

Zeus

Zeus signature

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.